Re: building Tk on FreeBSD

On Thu, 20 Jul 2007, Joe English wrote:

Date: 20 Jul 2007 03:37:51 GMT
From: Joe English <jenglish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.tcl
Subject: Re: building Tk on FreeBSD

Yep, that's bug #1749251.

None of the core maintainers use FreeBSD or NetBSD (apparently),
so some assistance is needed to fix this. It's almost certainly
an easy fix, just need someone to help test it.

Could you answer a few questions at:

In particular, I'm looking for the output of `pkg-config --cflags xft`,
and the generated Makefile.

Joe,

NetBSD:

[piggy:49>>% pkg-config --cflags xft
-DXTHREADS -I/usr/pkg/include -I/usr/pkg/include/freetype2 -I/usr/X11R6/include

[piggy:51>>% pkg-config --libs xft
-Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/pkg/lib -L/usr/pkg/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXft -lfreetype -lz -lXrender -lX11 -lfontconfig

[piggy:50>>% uname -a
NetBSD piggy 3.0.1 NetBSD 3.0.1 (piggy) #0: Fri Sep 15 08:31:31 EDT 2006 rob@piggy:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/piggy i386[piggy:51>>%

FreeBSD:

[mel.controlq.com:489>>% pkg-config --cflags xft
-I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/local/include/freetype2 -I/usr/local/include

[mel.controlq.com:493>>% pkg-config --libs xft
-Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/local/lib -lXft -lfreetype -lz -lXrender -lX11 -lXext -lfontconfig

[mel.controlq.com:490>>% uname -a
FreeBSD mel.controlq.com 6.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE #1: Thu May 17 12:24:25 EDT 2007 rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/mel i386

If you advise where I can pick up 8.5a7, (I can only find 8.5a6 at sf.net/tcl.tk) I'll configure and gen the makefile on both for you ... BTW: 8.5a5 compiles/links just fine on FreeBSD 6.1R

[monster.controlq.com:48>>% tclsh8.5
% puts $tcl_patchLevel
8.5a5

[monster.controlq.com:50>>% wish8.5
% puts $tcl_patchLevel
8.5a5

  • Re: PLZ HELP ME ...CHANGING OF MAKEFILE FROM FREEBSD TO REDHAT 9.0 ......
    ... I COPIED ALL THE FILE FROM FREEBSD TO REDHAT 9.0 INCLUDING MAKEFILE. ... Redhat 9.0 do not have a ports system. ... Given a sane compile environment it should just work out as well as ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • installing port devel/py-qt4-dbussupport - cannot open Makefile
    ... I'm trying to install devel/py-qt4-dbussupport on freebsd 8.3. ... make: cannot open Makefile. ... I attempted to do the update boost instructions, ... Looking farther I found the python entry from back in 20110304, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Sorry. Numpty alert! FreeBSD Jails... Help?
    ... Please take note however that the *Buildworld* environment needs to have *all sources* installed into the system in order to compile and build. ... This however should really only affect people who wish to use *FreeBSD Jails* as standard non-Jail configured systems will run fine with the default selection above. ... I didn't find it total plain sailing myself when I did this for the first time a few months back. ... If you are getting the error you mentioned then I think it means you are missing the Makefile? ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • cups-base port question
    ... After reading the ports own Makefile I have a question. ... installed via FreeBSD base and if they are still executable chmods ... shouldnt also be true that the cups-base documentation replace/remove ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: kldload dtraceall exec format error
    ... Yeah, and the same overall Makefile is successfully building in dtrace on the other part of the product, which is actually using FreeBSD 7-something. ...
    (freebsd-hackers)