Re: Package require in tcl 8.5.1

On Feb 15, 5:50 am, jima <jim...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't know if it is related but I have observed that with tcl 8.5.x
series I systematically get a message of the type "I cannot provide
this version number...I give you this one instead" every time I simply
put

As a counter point, I have installed ActiveTcl 8.5.1 and all
extensions available for my platform (sparc solaris). I don't think
I've seen that message once.

If I do ever see that message, I will contact the maintainer of the
package as well as the group providing the package and ask for help
resolving the issue.

  • Re: now do you "link" .tcl files?
    ... I think from the position of a newbie, this is how linking in Tcl ... At the time of the call, Tcl looks up the command named "foo" using ... pkgIndex.tcl for a Tcl-only package usually contains ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Why TCL?
    ... The typical reason you see other languages have things like this is ... Tcl extension packages available as well. ... :And installing the MD5 package for TCL was too painful for me. ... in other scripting language camps wanted something similar. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: New list commands ... What do you think ?
    ... That's the risk of every developer writing basic commands. ... allow some discussion about some of them, that are really good for core ... runtime consuming and could be done more efficiencly in C using the tcl ... Critcl builds a package which is loaded. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: TIP #189: Tcl Modules
    ... > So, if a developer creates some extension to tcl, he can deploy it ... Loading an uncompressed tcl file from disk can be slower ... Remember for example that shared libraries of a package are ... I do not believe that I have limited our flexibility. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: set character at string position
    ... > 'stub' for best performance and prettiness. ... Tcl 8.3 and still continue to link and work flawlessly with Tcl 8.5+. ... loads an extension. ... A package is any combination of Tcl and/or compiled C code that is ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)