Re: vfs::http partially implemented?

O/H Gerald W. Lester έγραψε:
Georgios Petasis wrote:
Hi all,

I am trying to implement a facility that downloads all files stored in a folder, that is exposed through apache in http. I thought that it will be a good idea to use tclvfs for this, but I think that the implementation is still incomplete?

This came up on the TkChat yesterday, and it was indicated that the implementation was not 100% complete -- but all that was mentioned as missing was pipelines, so I'm not positive is this a missing implementation or a bug.

For example, I can mount a a url as directory, but I cannot cd into it.
Also, glob does not work, even if I provide a url of a file.
The only part that seems to work, is to open a file in the mounted directory: in this case the file is downloaded locally, and a memchan is created from it.

Any ideas?

Chat with Pat about it.

I have spent some time and saw the code (included in ActiveTcl 8.4.18), and the implementation for performing glob with patterns was totally missing. I have started to do something simple there (like parsing the html that corresponds to the "directory" to get the links), but I don't know how I am supposed to form the code to be compatible with the rest of the package (in order to submit it as a patch :-) )

Also, I tried to use vfs::webdav. But this does not run in both ActiveTcl 8.4/8.5, as it requires http 2.6, which is not available in ActiveTcl :-(

George

  • Re: vfs::http partially implemented?
    ... and the implementation for performing glob with patterns was totally ... missing. ... ActiveTcl :-( ... I had hoped that someone would have the time to integrate http 2.6 ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: FTP, HTTP file transfers
    ... Downloads and uploads over http can be accomplished using the WebClient ... Find great Windows Forms articles in Windows Forms Tips and Tricks ...
  • Re: Update fails
    ... You ran Update.exe for those specific updates and there were error messages stating that those files were missing? ... Enter the KB number in the Search field, leave it on " All Downloads", then click Go. ... you'll find the folders containing them in there. ... Then you will need to double click Update.exe to install that particular update. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: HTTP transfer errors
    ... http does indeed run atop tcp. ... In the meantime, it downloads the file to a ".part" file, and only when it is complete does it do an atomic rename to the ... I would be inclined to suspect the server - do you know what software it ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Unwin antennas
    ... once I added the missing "p" in http ... ... Judging from this response, I assume you think I have a problem with the link. ...
    (rec.radio.amateur.antenna)