Re: BLT vs Tcl/Tk 8.5.2 ?

Curiously enough, he does not mention Tcl_CreateNamespace and
friends ...

Sorry for the confusion, I have to correct myself: I retried using the
current cvs HEAD of Tcl and BLT and the above error is gone. Looking
into src/bltNSUtil.h shows that the definition of Tcl_CreateNamespace
(and others) have been updated to match the Tcl counterparts.

I only compiled on Linux (gcc) and Windows (visual studio), not on
Sun.

I compiled on MacOS X with target X11 and without patching the BLT
sources according to Jos' description on the Wiki, the compile stops
here:

bltUnixFont.c:237: error: 'FC_DECORATIVE' undeclared here (not in a
function)
bltUnixFont.c:238: error: 'FC_EMBEDDED_BITMAP' undeclared here (not in
a function)
bltUnixFont.c: In function 'FtGetFontFamilies':
bltUnixFont.c:1298: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of
'Blt_StrdupAbortOnError' differ in signedness
bltUnixFont.c: In function 'FtNewFont':
bltUnixFont.c:1837: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from
pointer target type
make[1]: *** [bltUnixFont.o] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

I'll try later with the patches in place (no time yet).

Torsten
.