Re: BLT vs Tcl/Tk 8.5.2 ?

Curiously enough, he does not mention Tcl_CreateNamespace and
friends ...

Sorry for the confusion, I have to correct myself: I retried using the
current cvs HEAD of Tcl and BLT and the above error is gone. Looking
into src/bltNSUtil.h shows that the definition of Tcl_CreateNamespace
(and others) have been updated to match the Tcl counterparts.

I only compiled on Linux (gcc) and Windows (visual studio), not on
Sun.

I compiled on MacOS X with target X11 and without patching the BLT
sources according to Jos' description on the Wiki, the compile stops
here:

bltUnixFont.c:237: error: 'FC_DECORATIVE' undeclared here (not in a
function)
bltUnixFont.c:238: error: 'FC_EMBEDDED_BITMAP' undeclared here (not in
a function)
bltUnixFont.c: In function 'FtGetFontFamilies':
bltUnixFont.c:1298: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of
'Blt_StrdupAbortOnError' differ in signedness
bltUnixFont.c: In function 'FtNewFont':
bltUnixFont.c:1837: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from
pointer target type
make[1]: *** [bltUnixFont.o] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

I'll try later with the patches in place (no time yet).

Torsten

  • Re: Found it once on wiki
    ... Seems BLT 2.4 is known not to work with Tcl 8.5 ... I plan to return to school, Computer Information Systems did not exist when I was in school [how may here programmed in CUPL under CORC;} I'm interested in signal processing, FFT papers were just being written when I was in school. ... Someone pointed towards some BLT code. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Found it once on wiki
    ... Seems BLT 2.4 is known not to work with Tcl 8.5 ... I'd like to become competent in a couple of languages (FORTH, Tcl) ... Computer Information Systems did not exist when I was in school [how may ... what's already there in the Tcl core. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: BLT overhaul
    ... I assume you're using the BLT 2.4z source to start? ... We just tweak it for new tcl releases, and 8.5 doesn't look like a show-stopper for us. ... tried to get rid of BLT's copies of Tcl internals, ... leave different namespaces) and such. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Found it once on wiki
    ... Not my housekeeping *THIS* time. ... Seems BLT 2.4 is known not to work with Tcl 8.5 ... what's already there in the Tcl core. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)