Re: ActiveState Code - the new ASPN Cookbooks

On 10 Jul., 18:18, Colin Macleod <colin.macl...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
A fatter distribution is great news for those of us working in
environments where security and corporate policy make downloading
updates difficult :-)

Agreed - for a "good out-of-box experience", wrestling with Teacup is
not everybody's cup of tea :^)

  • Re: 0x80072EE7 windows update error
    ... Palm technical support directed me to Microsoft updates ... downloading update; notifying dependent calls. ... [CallerId = AutomaticUpdates] ... Install any that you wish to install, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: windows update to wrong drive
    ... IF the system can be validated, then revisit Windows Update once more. ... I'm realizing I don't currently have any notifications for new updates. ... to store, unpack to a temp staging area, install, and then delete the ... it seems sometimes the updates aren't downloading properly to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: windows update to wrong drive
    ... Also, when I went back to Windows Update, it said I hadn't downloaded files ... that after I had downloaded that the notification that updates were available ... to store, unpack to a temp staging area, install, and then delete the ... it seems sometimes the updates aren't downloading properly to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: windows update to wrong drive
    ... The size of the drive is not the determining factor for which drive the updates are downloaded to, it's the * amount of free space * on the drive that is the determining factor. ... amount of free space * on C:\ became smaller than whatever AU requires to store, unpack to a temp staging area, install, and then delete the temp staging area. ... weren't going into any folder on the G drive -- each was making it's own folder. ... The thing is, it seems sometimes the updates aren't downloading properly to the G drive anyways, as it get errors, or told I never downloaded the update. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: McAfee and Comcast
    ... I used the McAfee security suite provided free by Comcast for several ... went with AVG anti-virus and Comodo firewall. ... bannerware during updates that interfere with other running programs. ... that changes within the Sandboxie VM, like downloading and installing AX ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)