Re: [Windows] executing a configure script from a tcl scrip

In article <7198dbb4-c855-4777-9ce4-d74de96a08c6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Nicolas Castagne <castagne@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi folks,

I am using tcl to manage the building of the (many) projects that are
involved in my application.

Some of these projects are based on GNU autoconf / automake tools.

I am having problem to launch the configure script from tcl.

I lanch tclsh85 from msys, from the directory where the configure
script is.

Executing :
% exec configure
Produces the error :
couldn't execute "configure": no such file or directory

The best I found is something :
% exec sh -c "configure --with-tcl=e:/developpement/Tcl/lib" >@
stdout 2>@1

However :
1 - since the script is multiplatform, I'd like to get rid of the "sh -
c" command.
How can I run my configure scrip from a tcl script without executing
explicitely sh ?

2 - dunno why, but with "exec sh -c "configure ...", the shell run is
apparently more or less detached : killling the tclsh process does not
kill the child sh process
Perhaps you'd have a tip on this question ?
Is the difference between

exec configure ...
and
exec $DIRECTORY_WHERE_CONFIGURE_CAN_BE_FOUND/configure ...

helpful to you?

  • Re: Need help on unix
    ... Your error is indicating that the version of itcl that you are ... attempting to use is specifically built for Tcl 8.0 - but you have Tcl ... while executing ... ("package ifneeded" script) ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • [Windows] executing a configure script from a tcl scrip
    ... I am having problem to launch the configure script from tcl. ... How can I run my configure scrip from a tcl script without executing ... killling the tclsh process does not ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Problem running TCL script from a C application
    ... I'm trying to run a TCL script from a C/C++ application. ... of Google search results and tried many variations on a them in my app - ... while executing ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Tcl/TK has no goto, because everything is a string
    ... The way that Tcl approaches a construct like ... is that the condition and the script ARE BOTH STRINGS. ... Only once 'for' begins executing does it begin to interpret, ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Backed in to a wall
    ... >:Neither one of thse commands work while being executed in the script, ... >script you are executing, and let us know the arguments passed and the ... >string trim tcl command. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)