Re: New Canvas

Mats wrote:

ANNOUNCE: tkpath 0.3.0

tkpath appears to have some kind of a rendering problem, on Linux, with
some versions of cairo. Using cairo 1.2 on OpenSuse 10.3, tkpath
appears to work ok. With cairo 1.4, there are various nasty problems.
You can see an example by running the following script
package require Tk
package require tkpath

set wh 200

pack [tkp::canvas .c -width $wh -height $wh -bg white]

foreach {x y f} {50 50 red 150 50 blue 50 150 magenta 150 150 cyan} {
.c create circle $x $y -r 40 -fill $f
in the absence of bugs, you see 4 circles; with the bug, 3 are
truncated.

Does anyone see this behaviour with other Linux distributions?
Is anyone running cairo 1.6 on Linux? Does the bug occur?

Ian

*********** To reply by e-mail, make w single in address **************

  • Re: tkpath pimage bug?
    ... Unexpectedly the biggest problem is the display of the images ... I tried tkpath. ... What version of Cairo is on your system? ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Displaying SVG in tkinter using cairo and rsvg
    ... tk canvas and tkpath share the same interface, ... a plugin into the tk canvas. ... A tkinter wrapper class will ... CAIRO can be real pain on non-X11-linux platforms. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: New Canvas
    ... Philipp Wissneth schrieb: ... Tcl/Tk 8.5.3 installation i grabbed the current tkpath via cvs and ran 'configure' with the following options: ... In addition i'm interested in using tkpath on OS X in an X11 environment instead of aqua. ... Cairo. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Java 2D demo & the Tk canvas
    ... I've been keeping an occasional eye on REBOL over the years and noticed ... that for their 3.0 version they're using the AGG project graphics ... similar to cairo ... Likely is it possible to write a new backend for tkpath ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: tkpath pimage bug?
    ... areas on bottom and right where you can't draw. ... system to cairo 1.2, the problem went away. ... I haven't recompiled tkpath myself, ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)