Webservice package over https with authorization

Hi everyone,

I'm having problems with the "Webservice"-package by Gerald Lester. I try to access a sample webservice provided for me via https. For this service I need to authorize with username and password. When I try to invoke

::WS::Client::GetAndParseWsdl $urlToWSDL

I get the error message:

"Unknown URL type 'https...'"

Is there any way to use the Webservice package over https?

My System is:
WinXP SP2
Tcl 8.5
WebService 1.0.8
tDom 0.8.1
tls 1.6

My guess would be, that I need to establish a connection over https to the server, and authorize myself before I invoke the GetAndParseWsdl command.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

With best reguards
Jens Haines

  • Re: Webservice package over https with authorization
    ... I try to access a sample webservice provided for me via https. ... Is there any way to use the Webservice package over https? ... My guess would be, that I need to establish a connection over https to the server, and authorize myself before I invoke the GetAndParseWsdl command. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • RE: webReference.SetURL method with https connections
    ... \par Welcome to webservice newsgroup. ... you've creating webservice proxy in C++ application to consume a certain webservice. ... we can try hard coding the https url in the proxy and compiled it and test again. ...
  • Re: Webservice package over https with authorization
    ... I try to access a sample webservice provided for me via https. ... Is there any way to use the Webservice package over https? ... package require tls ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Switching Forms
    ... project is on a tight time table and I don't really have time to ... the default.aspx consumes a Logon Webservice over Https. ... The https / http split is because I have read that Https has ...
  • ServicePointManager does not support proxies of HTTPS scheme
    ... I have a VB.Net application that consumes an WebService. ... to consume the WebService I get the following error message: ... ServicePointManager does not support proxies of https scheme." ... Why I can add the WebReference and cannot consume the WebService? ...