Re: Proper build mechanism for libraries embedding Tcl

O/H cyan.ogilvie@xxxxxxxxx έγραψε:
I'm building a pam module that embeds a Tcl interp and forwards the
callbacks from PAM to Tcl procs.

Normally what I'd do for a Tcl extension is use a TEA-based build
system, but in this case the output is a .so that is loaded by PAM,
not loaded by something with a Tcl interp already there calling
Foo_Init()

Is it still valid to use this approach, are there any gotchas to be
wary of (besides little things like disabiling generation of
pkgIndex.tcl and things).

Thanks

Cyan

TEA is still valid for this. Foo_Init() is just a function that is exported from the library and is not related to the build process.
In a few words, TEA works even if this function does not exist...

George

  • tcl-pam: PAM authentication for Tcl (Tcl package)
    ... Tcl-pam is a Tcl interface to the PAM* service of Linux. ... It provides a Tcl package that allows Tcl scripts to use PAM to authenticate users and programs. ... PAM (Pluggable Authentication Modules): A mechanism to integrate multiple low−level authentication schemes into a high−level application programming interface. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Why pure Tcl is much faster than C extension
    ... I also have pure Tcl extension which parses serialized version of this ... lists. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: TCL cant do as much as Perl
    ... in 80% of the cases of this platform, I type 5-6 commands to build a Tcl extension. ... gtar xfz local tar file ... wget of latest ActiveTcl install ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Help! mem leak in c extension.
    ... that you have in your Tcl extension code (your source, ... Tcl extension. ... tcl, c-extension and external prog. ... puts "Pure Tcl version:" ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Extension needs another DLL
    ... consider the situation where you build a Tcl extension which ... relies on another DLL. ... seems to not be of any help here, since it wants a Tcl package ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)