Re: tkpath: Using the 'surface' command

Ian Gay schrieb:
Helmut Giese wrote:

Hello out there,
this weekend should be the time to try out tkpath's surface command to
transform (the content of) a canvas into an image.
However, I don't get very far because the simple script below crashes
(Windows XP, Tcl 8.5.3, tkpath 0.3.1 or 0.3.0).

Has anybody had success in using the surface command under Windows?

I tried to compile tkpath to maybe locate the point where it crashes,
but it couldn't find Gdiplus.h - the reason is probably that I don't
have VC installed on this machine and just cranked up my Borland
compiler.

I would file a bug report but I couldn't find a place where to do so.

Any further info and/or a link to file a bug report will be greatly
appreciated.
Best regards
Helmut Giese
---

Crashes for me in Linux, too.

Ian

-----------

package require tkpath
puts "tkpath version: [package present tkpath]"

pack [tkp::canvas .c -width 400 -height 400 -bg white]
.c create prect 20 20 180 80
set token [tkp::surface new 400 400]
# this crashes
#$token create prect 20 20 180 80
---

On Linux:Include the version number of
your cairo installation --if you do know that.
Otherwise include the libraries version number:
"libcairo.2.11.6.dylib", for example.

Write a proper test for this crash,
and send this test, together with your bug-report
directly to: Mats Bengtsson <matsben@xxxxxxxxx>

Several test-examples can be found inside the
tkpath test subdirectory (eg. polyline-coords.test).

-roger

  • tkpath: Using the surface command
    ... I don't get very far because the simple script below crashes ... Has anybody had success in using the surface command under Windows? ... I tried to compile tkpath to maybe locate the point where it crashes, ... I would file a bug report but I couldn't find a place where to do so. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: tkpath: Using the surface command
    ... I don't get very far because the simple script below crashes ... Has anybody had success in using the surface command under Windows? ... I tried to compile tkpath to maybe locate the point where it crashes, ... I would file a bug report but I couldn't find a place where to do so. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Annoying PhotoDesk problem
    ... , Chris Evans ... Can you send to support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx a bug report listing which tools and ... reports of people having crashes with 3.08 and one of the those the Twain ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.apps)
  • Re: 1. Gnome Shell segfaults 2. Gnome Panel orientation problem
    ... Opening a bug report is usually the best way to solve these problems, ... The error message ... Because of the problem given in the first instance I use Gnome Fallback ... deal with crashes, at least not now. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [opensuse] No Windows Decorations
    ... kde-window-decorator crashes. ... How do I get backtrace? ... E-Mail disclaimer: ... I have the same question as Hans, I would be glad to fill up a bug report but ...
    (SuSE)