Re: Will TCL release the variables automatically when the procedure is finished?

On Sep 12, 8:54 pm, bingo <zhn...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think the problem might be that I'm doing too much float point math
using TCL.

Floating-point per se won't harm you much on the memory scale.
However, looking at your code, a likely culprit would be the NAMD
implementation of primitives like [vecscale] and [vecadd], which you
call very frequently, and which allocate a vector or list for their
return value. If I were to guess, I'd say one of these fails to
decrement properly the refcount of these returned vectors, which leads
to systematic leaks.

Please tell me which version of NAMD you're using, I'll take a peek
inside.

-Alex
.