getting existing dictionaries

I want to use dictionary for counting pupose. I need a simple counter
and after looking in the counter package I thought that dictionaries
will serve my purpose better. basically what I need is 3 dimensional
array:
type-merchant-key

type can be 'cmd' or 'url' and merchant have unknown patterns.
..
I saw dictionaries are more 2 dimensional array so I thought of doing:

dict incr $type-$merchant key

and then some command that does

dict getDictionaries $type*

BUT

I saw no command that can give me the dictionaries that exists based
on a pattern:

well... where can I go from here?
is dictinaries the wrong solution? any other way?

  • Re: nested dictionaries and functions in data structures.
    ... The other issue is I cannot nest dictionaries. ... Nested under "OSPF" is the number of times the command has been ... capture = "" # key used for the capture version ... for filename in filenames: ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: getting existing dictionaries
    ... I saw dictionaries are more 2 dimensional array so I thought of doing: ... Dictionaries can have as many dimensions as you wish. ... should be "dict incr varName key ?increment?" ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: getting existing dictionaries
    ... I saw dictionaries are more 2 dimensional array so I thought of doing: ... Dictionaries can have as many dimensions as you wish. ... should be "dict incr varName key ?increment?" ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: info dicts?
    ... when trying the dict command I wanted to list all values from all ... existing dictionaries. ... In my understanding is a dictionary just a specific interpretation of a ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Dictionaries again - where do I make a mistake?
    ... the command ... but I can not create Newdict to be sorted properly. ... Where do I make a mistake? ... Dictionaries are unordered -- the order in which items come out is ...
    (comp.lang.python)