Re: tkpath pimage bug?

Christian Gollwitzer wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to write a program to make slideshows of photographs in
Tcl/Tk. Unexpectedly the biggest problem is the display of the images
itself - they should show in fullscreen, uniformly resized to fill the
screen. Because Tk can't resize imges, I tried tkpath. I got it
working to some extent, but there are bugs, probably coming from
tkpath. I use Activetcl 8.5.4 on Linux und tkpath 0.3.1

A) on the right and bottom border, there remains a bar where the
image isn't displayed - it shows only the black background.

What version of Cairo is on your system? I saw something like this when
using tkpath - although I didn't try images. With cairo 1.4, I saw dead
areas on bottom and right where you can't draw. When I downgraded my
system to cairo 1.2, the problem went away.

Don't know what the cause is - I couldn't see any obvious misuse of
cairo in the tkpath source code.

Has anyone run tkpath on Linux with cairo 1.6? Do similar problems exist
there?

Ian

--
*********** To reply by e-mail, make w single in address **************

  • Re: Displaying SVG in tkinter using cairo and rsvg
    ... tk canvas and tkpath share the same interface, ... a plugin into the tk canvas. ... A tkinter wrapper class will ... CAIRO can be real pain on non-X11-linux platforms. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Three dimensions pictures?
    ... images in effect ... I saw The House of Wax in 3-D in Cairo in the early 1950s. ...
    (alt.html)
  • Re: New Canvas
    ... Philipp Wissneth schrieb: ... Tcl/Tk 8.5.3 installation i grabbed the current tkpath via cvs and ran 'configure' with the following options: ... In addition i'm interested in using tkpath on OS X in an X11 environment instead of aqua. ... Cairo. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: New Canvas
    ... tkpath appears to have some kind of a rendering problem, on Linux, with ... Using cairo 1.2 on OpenSuse 10.3, tkpath ... Does anyone see this behaviour with other Linux distributions? ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: tkpath pimage bug?
    ... areas on bottom and right where you can't draw. ... system to cairo 1.2, the problem went away. ... I haven't recompiled tkpath myself, ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)