Re: tkpath pimage bug?

Christian Gollwitzer wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to write a program to make slideshows of photographs in
Tcl/Tk. Unexpectedly the biggest problem is the display of the images
itself - they should show in fullscreen, uniformly resized to fill the
screen. Because Tk can't resize imges, I tried tkpath. I got it
working to some extent, but there are bugs, probably coming from
tkpath. I use Activetcl 8.5.4 on Linux und tkpath 0.3.1

A) on the right and bottom border, there remains a bar where the
image isn't displayed - it shows only the black background.

What version of Cairo is on your system? I saw something like this when
using tkpath - although I didn't try images. With cairo 1.4, I saw dead
areas on bottom and right where you can't draw. When I downgraded my
system to cairo 1.2, the problem went away.

Don't know what the cause is - I couldn't see any obvious misuse of
cairo in the tkpath source code.

Has anyone run tkpath on Linux with cairo 1.6? Do similar problems exist
there?

Ian

--
*********** To reply by e-mail, make w single in address **************

  • Re: Displaying SVG in tkinter using cairo and rsvg
    ... tk canvas and tkpath share the same interface, ... a plugin into the tk canvas. ... A tkinter wrapper class will ... CAIRO can be real pain on non-X11-linux platforms. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Three dimensions pictures?
    ... images in effect ... I saw The House of Wax in 3-D in Cairo in the early 1950s. ...
    (alt.html)
  • Re: New Canvas
    ... Philipp Wissneth schrieb: ... Tcl/Tk 8.5.3 installation i grabbed the current tkpath via cvs and ran 'configure' with the following options: ... In addition i'm interested in using tkpath on OS X in an X11 environment instead of aqua. ... Cairo. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: New Canvas
    ... tkpath appears to have some kind of a rendering problem, on Linux, with ... Using cairo 1.2 on OpenSuse 10.3, tkpath ... Does anyone see this behaviour with other Linux distributions? ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Java 2D demo & the Tk canvas
    ... I've been keeping an occasional eye on REBOL over the years and noticed ... that for their 3.0 version they're using the AGG project graphics ... similar to cairo ... Likely is it possible to write a new backend for tkpath ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)