Re: hiding global variables

In article <3507b1b7-dd18-4110-949d-ad0eb5cc1aeb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Alexandre Ferrieux <alexandre.ferrieux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Nov 4, 3:18 pm, yahalom <yahal...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
No. We bytecompile (using tclcompiler) many scripts and packages and
we have a startup scripts. This means that you could play with
packages and files. maybe a starpack/starkit was better but this is a
big change that is beyond what we want to invest now. Still if you say
that this is the direction to go we might check it in the future.

Surely you realize that in this delicate domain, leaving everything
too wide open is a bit in contradiction with the purpose ;-)
So yes, I'd starpack the part that is "hot" and access it only through
I/O (possibly with a distinct userid through inetd), just like you'd
do with a physical secureID device.

-Alex

yahalom, it appears that you believe Starpacking "... is
a big change." I suspect you'll find it more rewarding,
and less costly, than you realize. Try a Starpack; I
think you'll like it.

  • Re: Tcl application deployment
    ... the vfs code and mounting compressed files, I would guess that starpack ... compile in the extra extensions you need and avoid that library security ... > ship several copies of Tcl, several copies of my packages, several ... > copies of various third-party packages to each user who purcache more ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Flashing Dos boxes while running starpack.
    ... I have built a starpack as a Tk application with TclApp using ... I have packages with dlls using ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • tclcompiler help needed...
    ... I'm just starting to play with tclcompiler and I wanted to know how to ... include a .tbc file in to a starpack? ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)