Re: wiki upgrades

* "Gerald W. Lester" <Gerald.Lester@xxxxxxx>
| > If by Rigal you mean beta Orionis, then they have faster-than-light
| > travel, since they're 700 light years away.
|
| Of course they have FTL travel -- they also have FTL communications.
|
| Don't you know they've been watching us and listening to all of our
| communications -- all in search of the *perfect* programing language
| (which they have now found).

No magic, just the ordinary TCL 11.7 interstellar socket API.

R'

  • Re: Questions on faster than light
    ... "And of course spacecraft traveling at 0.99999c -- ... new discoveries of new processes not known in the 1800s. ... to demonstrated with M-theory and science fiction's FTL travel. ...
    (sci.physics)
  • Re: Science-fiction world-building
    ... can try to adapt the fantasy ones for science-fiction, ... and how much time travel takes. ... I particularly like the distinction between FTL travel and radio, ... and what might only be habitable with tech.) ...
    (rec.arts.sf.composition)
  • Re: Why was Starbuck shocked?
    ... than-light travel and subject to the laws of relativity. ... If they're capable of FTL travel then they're obviously NOT subject to ... Unless you're suggesting that the ability to achieve FTL speeds would, ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • Re: Faster than light ?????
    ... Newtonian FTL travel is easy enough if one ... The all history universe will always be traveled to the as is universe. ... You can travel so fast as to put the Milky Way behind you in time by billions of years, but those galaxies before you are speeding just as fast into the future -- up in time through observed histories in the "all history universe" -- as you are. ...
    (sci.physics)