Re: Problem with ttk::frame using Tcl/Tk 8.4

On Jan 8, 2:39 pm, Richard Owlett <rowl...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This code works under version 8.5, but fails under 8.4
(ActiveState distro under WinXP Pro)

package require Tk
ttk::frame .p

I don't see anything obvious in the Help for this simple a construct.
Screens show

% package require Tk
8.4
% ttk::frame .p
invalid command name "ttk::frame"
%

% package require Tk
8.5.2
% ttk::frame .p
.p
%

Are you aware that the tile widgets were not bundled with 8.4? It's a
separate extension ("tile") that requires a separate install and
package require. Or are you saying it used to work for you and now it
doesn't?

  • Re: Problem with ttk::frame using Tcl/Tk 8.4
    ... % package require Tk ... Are you aware that the tile widgets were not bundled with 8.4? ... the ActiveState distro of 8.4 I have. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Problem with ttk::frame using Tcl/Tk 8.4
    ... % package require Tk ... Are you aware that the tile widgets were not bundled with 8.4? ... the ActiveState distro of 8.4 I have. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: how to enable mouse in text-mode ?
    ... Alan Connor writes: ... > This package provides a daemon that listens to the mouse when the ... > between users on other screens... ... > Again, from Debian: ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: how to enable mouse in text-mode ?
    ... >> As far as I know, the only way to do that is to install and configure ... >> between users on other screens... ... See if Suse has a package, or Redhat if Suse uses RPM. ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: Inquiry:What is the equivalent for the screen command?
    ... Please be informed that I couldn't find the screen command package for my Debian 3.1 server. ... Can you please do me favor and let me know what is the equivalent command that can be used instead of "screen" command on my Debian for managing multiple screens? ...
    (Debian-User)