Send email from TCL program -without- requiring user to know smtp server?

Hi,

Programatically sending email is not something I've had to deal with
before and am confused about one thing.

It seems most Windows and Mac programs pick the SMTP server up
automatically without the end user needing to provide it (other than
when they first set up their email program of course). But how to do
that via TCL?

Basically, I just want a TO: and FROM: email address field for the
user to deal with--I don't want to place the burden of knowing what an
SMTP server is on the end user. Assuming an email client (ie, Outlook
or some other client) is installed on their system (Mac/PC), what is
the typical method of sending an email via tcl that automatically
picks up the SMTP server?

Thanks!

-Daniel
.