Re: Thread extension and separated interpreters

Don Porter wrote:

http://www.tcl.tk/doc/howto/thread_model.html

That's clear, thanks.
But...

How should I (we?) deal with extensions like itcl or sqlite?

About itcl - my only idea for now is to create "clone" proc or something
like that, but it would slow down script a lot.

About sqlite - I have completly no idea how to deal with transferind
database handle object into other thread. I know I can open new handle in
other thread, but it's not same as transfering current handle.

Of course all issues can be worked around, but I don't think workarounds are
best solution...

....and yes, I saw itcl patch to use threads, but its very old and I don't
think it applies for itcl4.0, or even 3.4.

--
Pozdrawiam! (Regards!)
Googie

  • Re: Thread extension and separated interpreters
    ... How should I deal with extensions like itcl or sqlite? ... About itcl - my only idea for now is to create "clone" proc or something ... About sqlite - I have completly no idea how to deal with transferind ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Tcl 8.6 & IncrTcl...
    ... In the original posting, I see use of tcl, itcl, and 2 wub extensions. ... bundled into the tcl source distribution. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Itcl and teapot
    ... I have run into an odd problem with teapot and extensions ... case it is Itcl. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Itcl and teapot
    ... In this case it is Itcl. ... have the .lib or the header files for that version. ... The teapot is just for delivering ready-to-run binary extensions, ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Itcl and teapot
    ... In this case it is Itcl. ... The teapot is just for delivering ready-to-run binary extensions, ... And that is when I stumbled on the missing ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)