What OO extension for 8.6?

Hi all,

Since Itcl & Tcl 8.6 is an unsafe choice, what are the alternatives to OO extensions? What extension has fast execution and is not limited with respect to OO features?
What do you use and find it good?

George

  • Re: libraries and itclsh missing from Tcl8.4?
    ... It builds on Linux and Windows, ... installed Tcl8.4 as well as itcl3.2, but again no itclsh. ... something that was part of tcl 8.3 - instead, ... it is much easier to load the extensions dynamically. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: TCL vs. Perl
    ... I still believe one of the major advantages and success of Perl ... to 'download and install'. ... How is this with Tcl? ... Hmm, many Tcl extensions have very few, if any dependencies. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Tcl Extension Repository
    ... The primary thing missing from all repository efforts before is that a ... - current versions of popular extensions are not tagged ... Tcl core components in the pipeline that need to be coordinated in the ... TCT to handle extensions as well. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Starkits and temp files on windows
    ... I have a starpack that has 8 additional packages wrapped in it (e.g. ... tdom to custom built extensions). ... Starpacks/tclkits use a 'virtual file system that Tcl ... space somewhere (%TEMP% is as good a place as any) and pass things off ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Tcl and C++ vs Python
    ... >>language one is extending. ... This is, however, related more to the age of Tcl ... >>I have also done a few extensions in C for Tcl. ... There is no doubt that the Linux kernel requires the use of C, ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)