Re: General low performance of wish in Windows

(Salut Alex...)

Well, it is a bit difficult to post as a whole but for you to get the
picture
(if I may say so...). We have developped a theme with Tile. This theme
uses
a lots of small icons and graphical elements than are almost all as
small as borders
or lines.

The overall result under linux is nice and pretty fast.

But under Windows, we have to wait for something like 20-30s for the
initial
drawing of the main window and each time we switch from a panel inside
the
notebook that almost fully covers the top window.
Afterwards, the application response time is acceptable though not
outstanding.

We do not use a lots of photos or canvas, just little pixmaps but
almost in every
widget. We suspect the main culprit in our case to be the 'frame'.

HTH.

PYLyon

.