Re: building Tkpng package

On Mar 16, 1:41 pm, S...@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Sun, 14 Mar 2010, Mona wrote:
Now, when I am building, I get the below link errors.  Any ideas how I
can resolve these?

rm -f tkpng09.dll
link -dll -nologo -lz  C:/sbx_tcl8.5.6/third_party/tcl/tcl8.5.6/win32/
lib
/tclstub85.lib C:/sbx_tcl8.5.6/third_party/tcl/tcl8.5.6/win32/lib/
tkstub8
5.lib -release -out:tkpng09.dll tkImgPNG.obj tkImgPNGInit.obj
LINK : warning LNK4044: unrecognized option '/lz'; ignored
tkstub85.lib(tkStubLib.obj) : MSIL .netmodule or module compiled with /

[snip]

Always read error messages (especially from a linker) like a love letter!

Note the referenced '/lz' as an unrecognized option ...

'-lz' in a *nix based system implies that libz.[so|a|o] exists somewhere
where your linker can find it.  You will need to put the libz.dll or
whatever windows compiler will name it in a location that it can be found,
and point your linker to it an a manner consistent with object files ...

Cheers,
Rob.

Ok, so now I have the following link line, and am linking with
zlib1.lib.

link -dll -nologo /MANIFEST -lz C:/my_sandbox/third_party/tcl/
tcl8.5.6/../../
zlib-1.2.3/shared/lib/win32d/zlib1.lib C:/my_sandbox/third_party/tcl/
tcl8.5.6/
win32d/lib/tclstub85d.lib C:/my_sandbox/third_party/tcl/tcl8.5.6/
win32d/
lib/tkstub85d.lib -debug -out:tkpng09d.dll tkImgPNG.obj
tkImgPNGInit.
Obj

It finds the built package just fine if I I do "package require tkpng"
from the
installation directory, i.e. where tkpng09.dll is at. But, when
I try to use the package from some other folder location it complains:
“couldn't load library "C:/my_sandbox/third_party/tcl/tcl8.5.6/win32d/
lib/tkpng0.9/tkpng09d.dll": this library or a dependent library could
not be found in library path.”

Does anyone have an idea how I can resolve this?

Thanks,
Mona.

  • Re: Freeware download corrupt (?)
    ... > against several previous versions of the C RTL now generates a MULDEF ... > linker then links in the routine that exists in the object module and ... > update to the package and would, hopefully, discover the conflict and ... some UNIX platforms where SAMBA tried to replace things with routines ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: A proposal for Debian policy for Ada
    ... this approach is that Linker package is not automatically inherited. ... libraries. ... individual project file for each C library referenced? ...
    (comp.lang.ada)
  • Re: smalltalk libraries
    ... and use the sine function where needed. ... Compared to Smalltalk this is very efficient since it helps keep by ... from some package then I include the package in my image and use the ... The difference is that there is no linker to discard all the ...
    (comp.lang.smalltalk)
  • Re: text tools
    ...    package Builder is ...    package Compiler is ...    package Linker is ... I have been looking for a new maintainer for this package ...
    (comp.lang.ada)
  • Re: Problem referencing library file via project file
    ... in my source file. ... package Linker is ... project WebKit is ...
    (comp.lang.ada)