ISO: sql server table comparison utility
- From: "Larry W. Virden" <lvirden@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 06:53:14 -0700 (PDT)
Problem that I'd like to solve.
Vendor product creates and maintains a series of tables in sql server.
Contractor attempts configuration of product, but eventually moves on,
leaving behind no documentation of what was done.
I'd like to find a tcl tool (well, it could be in perl, awk, or shell
- I have all those languages on the desktop here) that would, given
the names of the servers and instances of the vendor out of the box
and the development system, would compare each table and generate a
"diff" like output file of the differences in data.
This would allow us to determine what changes had been made to the
original tables, for documentation purposes.
Anyone ever work with something like that?
- Prev by Date: Re: Dumping a Tcl_obj object for later reuse ?
- Next by Date: Re: ISO: sql server table comparison utility
- Previous by thread: Tcl is #23 on SourceForge's Top 25 Projects!
- Next by thread: Re: ISO: sql server table comparison utility