Re: Aw: Re: dict replace $list does not return a dict

Andreas Leitgeb <avl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Perhaps some canonical idiom of dict-purification should be
proposed (TIP anyone?). I'd suggest [dict merge $d] rather
than [dict replace], but either (or even both) would do.

Hmm, partially changing my mind only 5 minutes later ;-)

Based on [lrange $l 0 end] being the canonisation idiom for lists,
[dict replace $d] would indeed seem like the more natural pendant.

  • Re: "string is dict"? How to get that?
    ... Hmm. ... So I presume that "dict exists" checks this pairs "strict ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: dict critique
    ... Andreas Leitgeb wrote: ... > How much time have I got before dict is cast in stone? ... might be another alpha coming out first; talk to Jeff Hobbs if you want ... > Lists are values just like dicts, but most of my lists are bound ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)