Naming Convention: Capitalization vs. Hyphenating

Does anybody know why Tcl prefers capitalization for naming procedures?

see: http://www.tcl.tk/cgi-bin/tct/tip/352.html

In multi-word names, the first letter of each trailing word is
capitalized. Do not use underscores or dashes as separators between the
words of a name.

proc get-some-information {}

vs

proc getSomeInformation {}

  • Re: Naming Convention: Capitalization vs. Hyphenating
    ... Do not use underscores or dashes as separators between the ... proc getSomeInformation ... It is a matter of taste - many languages use this capitalization ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Opinions about underscores in names
    ... In the Java and C# worlds, it is common to use capitalization ... The naming style in which the first word is not capitalized ... I have been thinking which names, the names with underscores or ... I'm asking opinions about how words should ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)
  • Re: Opinions about underscores in names
    ... > related to naming of which I would like to hear opinions. ... > In the Java and C# worlds, it is common to use capitalization ... > with underscores. ... I'm asking opinions about how words should ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)
  • Re: They say I write Ruby like Perl
    ... is there any reason why one shouldn't ... use both capitalization and underscores in class names, ... Would it confuse either the interpreter or a possible reader? ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: They say I write Ruby like Perl
    ... Rich Morin writes: ... > Taking things a bit further, is there any reason why one shouldn't ... > use both capitalization and underscores in class names, ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)