Re: How to use/understand <Expose> events on MS Windows

On Jun 13, 4:00 pm, "Donal K. Fellows"
<donal.k.fell...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
... There's nothing like a
<Visibility> event possible on Windows though; you're not told when
someone moves a window over yours (or away from being over), or if you
are, it's not obvious which message you're given in that case...

That fits with my limited experience, also: Windows simply invalidates
a rectangle and sends a WM_PAINT message. But I expect that to only be
if your window is uncovered. I expect it gets nothing if it becomes
covered.

  • Re: Video Of An Accident - But Who Is To Blame?
    ... It looks clearly like fault on BOTH sides, but the driver is just ... I'm sure the dark front windows played a part in this. ... But in full daylight they don't impede visibility significantly. ... those pedestrians were actually breaking the law by crossing against ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Hard drive consumption
    ... I went in and provided visibility to systems files, (the ones Windows ... files withing the Windows Installer folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: CMyownDialog.DoModal()
    ... Doug Forster ... > I've got a problem with the visibility of a resource-based modal dialog on ... set my controls in OnInitDialogwhich ... > other windows are out of the event loop, all functions (and I did step ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer)
  • Re: bind on windows.
    ... when .joe is deiconified: ... Wanted to manage visibility of a small group of task ... related windows based on task state. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Yet another Mac vs PC cost analysis
    ... Do you really think that Apple lacks visibility? ... low-end Windows machines occupy. ... It usually seems those people (often people who are unaware that Mac OS ... is any different from Windows) have never seen Mac OS, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)