Re: How to use/understand <Expose> events on MS Windows

On Jun 13, 4:00 pm, "Donal K. Fellows"
<donal.k.fell...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
... There's nothing like a
<Visibility> event possible on Windows though; you're not told when
someone moves a window over yours (or away from being over), or if you
are, it's not obvious which message you're given in that case...

That fits with my limited experience, also: Windows simply invalidates
a rectangle and sends a WM_PAINT message. But I expect that to only be
if your window is uncovered. I expect it gets nothing if it becomes

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Video Of An Accident - But Who Is To Blame?
    ... It looks clearly like fault on BOTH sides, but the driver is just ... I'm sure the dark front windows played a part in this. ... But in full daylight they don't impede visibility significantly. ... those pedestrians were actually breaking the law by crossing against ...
  • Re: Hard drive consumption
    ... I went in and provided visibility to systems files, (the ones Windows ... files withing the Windows Installer folder. ...
  • Re: CMyownDialog.DoModal()
    ... Doug Forster ... > I've got a problem with the visibility of a resource-based modal dialog on ... set my controls in OnInitDialogwhich ... > other windows are out of the event loop, all functions (and I did step ...
  • Re: bind on windows.
    ... when .joe is deiconified: ... Wanted to manage visibility of a small group of task ... related windows based on task state. ...
  • Re: Yet another Mac vs PC cost analysis
    ... Do you really think that Apple lacks visibility? ... low-end Windows machines occupy. ... It usually seems those people (often people who are unaware that Mac OS ... is any different from Windows) have never seen Mac OS, ...