[ANN] critcl v3 and other news

Some news regarding Jean-Claude Wippler's venerable "C Runtime In
Tcl" package and application, short "critcl".

First, the sources have changed locations and can now be found on
github. More precisely, at

Second, the whole package got a refresh, with brand new innards
eliminating some problems, and a host of new features. Here we provide
only a short list of these features. For more details see the
'Changes' sections in the reference manpages [1], or the files
"doc/include/changes*.inc" which are the shared source of said

* Declaration, export and import of C-APIs through stubs tables.

* Generation of source packages from critcl-based code
containing a TEA-based buildsystem wrapped around the raw

* Declaration, initializaton and use of user-specified
configuration options. An important use is the declaration and
use of custom build configurations, like 'link a 3rd party
library dynamically, statically, build it from copy of its
sources, etc.', etc.

The sources come with examples for all these, found in the
subdirectory "examples/" (sic).

[1] http://jcw.github.com/critcl/doc/files/critcl_introduction.html#section5

So long,
Andreas Kupries <akupries@xxxxxxx>
Developer @ <http://www.activestate.com/>
18'th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference: 2011, Manassas, VA USA

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Is there a better/simpler logging module?
    ... and I found myself lost among all those features, all those configuration options and so on. ... Personally I use a package I wrote called autolog, which sets up configuration from a dot-file in the home directory if it exists, and a basic logger for each module automagically. ... And it does this all using the stdlib logging module. ...
  • Re: Small, understandable Forth
    ... ordinary forth scripts, Niclos file scripts, and Niclos ... I was basing my ideas on existing package managers (Debian's apt-get, ... Features are referred to by whitespace delimited names. ... Load packages to fill all unsatisfed dependencies. ...
  • Re: I must be the only one
    ... there's nothing I enjoy more than new software with new features. ... But when the new package has more bugs, less features, and lower ... And I play PC games, Xbox games, PS3 games, I play chess, backgammon, ...
  • Re: symbol locking
    ... > Rahul> don't. ... > Thomas> CLISP, ACL, and CMUCL all have package locks. ... > The OP is asking for two features, ... Allegro CL defined package locking (i.e. locking against structural ...
  • Package Update: svn-multi v2.0 released as beta version
    ... External files can be declared inside the document and their keywords ... Automatic Declaration of all Files as Extra Groups: ... New Style of the Package Manual: ... All this features can be enabled using package options (some depend on ...