[ANN] critcl v3 and other news

Some news regarding Jean-Claude Wippler's venerable "C Runtime In
Tcl" package and application, short "critcl".

First, the sources have changed locations and can now be found on
github. More precisely, at

http://jcw.github.com/critcl/

Second, the whole package got a refresh, with brand new innards
eliminating some problems, and a host of new features. Here we provide
only a short list of these features. For more details see the
'Changes' sections in the reference manpages [1], or the files
"doc/include/changes*.inc" which are the shared source of said
sections.

* Declaration, export and import of C-APIs through stubs tables.

* Generation of source packages from critcl-based code
containing a TEA-based buildsystem wrapped around the raw
critcl.

* Declaration, initializaton and use of user-specified
configuration options. An important use is the declaration and
use of custom build configurations, like 'link a 3rd party
library dynamically, statically, build it from copy of its
sources, etc.', etc.

The sources come with examples for all these, found in the
subdirectory "examples/" (sic).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[1] http://jcw.github.com/critcl/doc/files/critcl_introduction.html#section5
http://jcw.github.com/critcl/doc/files/critcl_introduction.html#section6

--
So long,
Andreas Kupries <akupries@xxxxxxx>

  • Re: Is there a better/simpler logging module?
    ... and I found myself lost among all those features, all those configuration options and so on. ... Personally I use a package I wrote called autolog, which sets up configuration from a dot-file in the home directory if it exists, and a basic logger for each module automagically. ... And it does this all using the stdlib logging module. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Small, understandable Forth
    ... ordinary forth scripts, Niclos file scripts, and Niclos ... I was basing my ideas on existing package managers (Debian's apt-get, ... Features are referred to by whitespace delimited names. ... Load packages to fill all unsatisfed dependencies. ...
    (comp.lang.forth)
  • Re: I must be the only one
    ... there's nothing I enjoy more than new software with new features. ... But when the new package has more bugs, less features, and lower ... And I play PC games, Xbox games, PS3 games, I play chess, backgammon, ...
  • Re: symbol locking
    ... > Rahul> don't. ... > Thomas> CLISP, ACL, and CMUCL all have package locks. ... > The OP is asking for two features, ... Allegro CL defined package locking (i.e. locking against structural ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Package Update: svn-multi v2.0 released as beta version
    ... External files can be declared inside the document and their keywords ... Automatic Declaration of all Files as Extra Groups: ... New Style of the Package Manual: ... All this features can be enabled using package options (some depend on ...
    (comp.text.tex)