g suffix for debug builds not entirely abolished?
- From: Erik Leunissen <look@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 18:31:27 +0100
Names of binaries built with debugging symbols used to carry a suffix g, to distinguish them from regular builds.
I believe to recall that the usage of the g suffix was dropped. I don't know exactly since when.
However, when building Tcl 8.5.11 for a windows target, using mingw as a cross toolchain from linux, the g suffix is still there. However, it is absent if I build the same source distribution for linux (using the native gcc toolchain).
Has the g suffix been retained on purpose for selective targets?
leunissen@ nl | Merge the left part of these two lines into one,
e. hccnet. | respecting a character's position in a line.
- Prev by Date: Re: Tk 8.5.11 fullscreen broken on MacOS X 10.7 Lion?
- Next by Date: Re: Problem with ttk::spinbox button size
- Previous by thread: tablelist bug?
- Next by thread: TclWs (Web Services for Tcl)