Pure Tcl/Tk equivalent of TkDesk?
- From: Richard Owlett <rowlett@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 16:49:50 -0500
Two things are currently happening:
1. Learning Tcl/Tk - some success, enough to be tantalizing
2. Moving from WinXP to Linux - Debian seems likely target as acquaintances
interested in similar projects use Debian or Ubuntu
Haven't seen a Linux desktop environment yet that I really liked. I was considering
writing my own 'thingy' (essentially an application launcher with other features)
as a learning tool. Following a chin of links from a post on a Debian list I found
TkDesk ( http://wiki.tcl.tk/7697 ). It seems to have desired features. BUT it is Linux specific and too many things that would have to be tweaked are in C (my C experience is HELLO_WORLD.C on a KL-10 >~ 35 years ago ;/
http://wiki.tcl.tk/1928 seems to indicate my desires are sane.
- Prev by Date: Re: create executable from tcl
- Next by Date: Re: Pure Tcl/Tk equivalent of TkDesk?
- Previous by thread: create executable from tcl
- Next by thread: Re: Pure Tcl/Tk equivalent of TkDesk?